Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays ...

and a Merry Chris-Moose!

Mr. Moose is wishing everyone a very happy holiday season and hopes everyone is safe and sound and having good times with family and friends. And sends a big thank you to all the well-wishers who stopped by, too!

Christmas equals family and tradition in my eyes, so I'm going to share this picture of my grandfather. I'm looking through a door in his house, out across the porch to where he's doing some chores. My grandmother (or maybe even my great-grandmother) hand crocheted the pineapple-pattern lace that covers the glass.

When I was younger, I would hang small bulbs and wreaths and other decorations all over the window coverings. Grandma and I would also bake hundreds of cookies, especially sugar cookies, on the days I had off from school. It would take Pap quite a while to get through all those. I made a double batch of sugar cookies last night; we'll see how long it takes Pappy this year!

12 comments:

imac said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Also thanks for visiting my blog and your comments since ive been blogging.

Moi said...

sweet!!! i love the crotcheted lace hanging on the window.....it' so pretty :)

have a great Christmas and take good care of yourself :)

Kerri said...

Beautiful lace...and what special memories!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I have enjoyed blogging with you and look forward to it in 2008 :)

Kekiinani said...

Aloha Ash, and Merry Christmas. Love the Mooooose!! :) :) :).. Cool shot of your grandfather thru the lace curtain.. :) :)

Salty said...

Wow!
I've been through that door a gazillion times and never have I envisioned capturing an image like this!!!

Merry Christmas Amy and thanks again for that very "special" postcard! You could not have done better!!!!!

adam brown said...

hello, i emailed you but got an error. anyway here's the reg cleaner i uses, this shit is good, don't stay without protection!

Ch√Ęteau-Gontierdailyphoto said...

Thanks for all the comments exchanged during this year through our blogs.
Merry Christmas

Family CHRISTOPHE

~ Annie ~ said...

Happy Holidays to you as well!

Doug Chapman said...

I love the picture of the Merry Chris-Moose... what is the story behind it?

Sharon said...

I love that moose!! My sister collects moose so I'm always on the look out for them. Is this along the same line as the Parade of Cows & Rainted Ponies or is he all by himself?

Old Wom Tigley said...

A beautifulpost Ash, one that speaks volumes of the love you have for your family.

lv2scpbk said...

That's a moose of a different color, you might say. Remember that line from the Wizard of Oz. Although, it was a horse of a different color.