Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays ...

and a Merry Chris-Moose!

Mr. Moose is wishing everyone a very happy holiday season and hopes everyone is safe and sound and having good times with family and friends. And sends a big thank you to all the well-wishers who stopped by, too!

Christmas equals family and tradition in my eyes, so I'm going to share this picture of my grandfather. I'm looking through a door in his house, out across the porch to where he's doing some chores. My grandmother (or maybe even my great-grandmother) hand crocheted the pineapple-pattern lace that covers the glass.

When I was younger, I would hang small bulbs and wreaths and other decorations all over the window coverings. Grandma and I would also bake hundreds of cookies, especially sugar cookies, on the days I had off from school. It would take Pap quite a while to get through all those. I made a double batch of sugar cookies last night; we'll see how long it takes Pappy this year!

11 comments:

imac said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Also thanks for visiting my blog and your comments since ive been blogging.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

sweet!!! i love the crotcheted lace hanging on the window.....it' so pretty :)

have a great Christmas and take good care of yourself :)

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful lace...and what special memories!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I have enjoyed blogging with you and look forward to it in 2008 :)

Kekiinani said...

Aloha Ash, and Merry Christmas. Love the Mooooose!! :) :) :).. Cool shot of your grandfather thru the lace curtain.. :) :)

Coy Hill said...

Wow!
I've been through that door a gazillion times and never have I envisioned capturing an image like this!!!

Merry Christmas Amy and thanks again for that very "special" postcard! You could not have done better!!!!!

M. CHRISTOPHE said...

Thanks for all the comments exchanged during this year through our blogs.
Merry Christmas

Family CHRISTOPHE

Terra Photography said...

Happy Holidays to you as well!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of the Merry Chris-Moose... what is the story behind it?

Sharon said...

I love that moose!! My sister collects moose so I'm always on the look out for them. Is this along the same line as the Parade of Cows & Rainted Ponies or is he all by himself?

Tom said...

A beautifulpost Ash, one that speaks volumes of the love you have for your family.

lv2scpbk said...

That's a moose of a different color, you might say. Remember that line from the Wizard of Oz. Although, it was a horse of a different color.