Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall in Vermont

We're back from out last road trip, and finally getting caught up with everything. I was excited to see New England in all its fall glory. This is a church spire in Bennington, VT. The fall color had not peaked in the valleys, but the higher mountains had some. We drove to the top of Equinox Mountain on a mostly cloudy day. We were just underneath the clouds:

We had more luck with the leaves and the sunshine in New Hampshire, but I'll save that for the next post. Instead, I'll offer up something that Vermont surprised us with:

Hot air balloons! The Quechee area is apparently the hot air balloon capital of Vermont. The lower one in the picture ended up wedging itself the entire way into the valley - the tops of the trees were covering the balloon. I think it would be really neat to get a ride in one of these puppies!

________________________________________________

On a separate note: a girl leaves town for a few days and comes back to find her Dad has launched his own blog! I'm sure most of you have seen the post and link on Salty's page, but if you missed it, check out Dad's posts as the Pennsylvania Wildlife Photographer.
________________________________________________

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Wow - that church spire is AWESOME! Very nice shots! I have visited your Dad's blog. His shots are amazing.

~Brenda said...

The fall colored leaves with the church steeple is very picturesque!
I have often thought I would like to visit the
New England states in the fall of the year.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I especially like that first one.