Friday, July 06, 2007

Finding Patterns

One of my favorite things to do is to find patterns in my environment by focusing in on an object or set of objects - not showing the entire scene. Here is one example, using stone pavers and a pedestrian barrier at Valley Forge National Historic Park:


A large area around a monument was paved in this overlapping shell pattern. I was fascinated by how the arrangement almost created an "optical illusion" effect. It looked like the ground itself was curving.

7 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cool, Amy.

I know what you mean about finding patterns and photographing "parts" of scenes.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...liked your observation of the skeleton bike ;)

Sand said...

You are so freaking awesome. that first one is really unique.

Ele ^_^ said...

Ash nice caputure! In my town there are the same streets but I've never think to do photos like the yours!
(excuse me for my bad english!)

K M F said...

Nice patterns

Coy Hill said...

Interesting! Cool captures!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Time for a new post, Amy ;)