Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just a Little Guy

Not your normal warm & fuzzy critter, but he held still long enough to get a few good macro pictures, so he made the blog :) The little guy was hanging out on the road by my parent's driveway. He was probably about the size of a dime. Mom & I were excited by some Myrtle warblers in the neighbor's poplar trees and could've easily stomped the spider underfoot. I'm glad we didn't! I was surprised, because he was "facing off" with the camera lens, instead of turning tail and trying to hide.

8 comments:

Moi said...

this hirsute creature found its 5 minutes of fame, proving Andy Warhol's words to be true all over again :)

he seems to be basking in the attention, Ash....am sure, if he gets to see your rendition of him, he wont be disappointed :)

I am looking forward to leaving school now, Ash.....have had enough for now !!!!!

Sand said...

Great minds think alike, I just posted some spider pics. today. very nice by the way, I love the contrast of it on the gravel

Faye Pekas said...

This is a great shot, Ash. Very good focus. It's eyes are amazing.

Kerri said...

I am not a fan of spiders.... I actually have quite a phobia about them.... but you really captured this one nicely. Such detail! Great shot!

Ch√Ęteau-Gontierdailyphoto said...

Nice shot of this creature we often try to walk on...
This one is very "nice" or curious.
Great shot.

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I had your blog in my list of favorit.

Shionge said...

Oh My Gosh! Sure looks creepy but glad you captured this :D

Chad Oneil said...

Wow! Great macro indeed. I thought he was a lot bigger than a dime, glad you told of his scale.

Gretchen said...

Yuck! Spiders are some of the creatures I can happily do without. It is a great shot though!