Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hiding People


One of the most inconvenient things about taking pictures in popular National Parks is ... all the other people! While in most instances, it was impossible to avoid other arch-lookers, I did manage to get a few clean shots by biding my time, getting low to the ground, or otherwise contorting myself. Luckily, Arches NP was the only heavily populated park we visited on this trip.



What you fail to see in this picture is the four or five gentlemen who kindly jammed themselves behind the column to the right, without my asking. It was especially nice of them because it's steep on the other side!

The Park Service has given a name to those folks inconsiderate enough to set up camp below a famous vista:

1 comment:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I know what you mean about "other people" in getting in your photographs. I run into that when I'm shooting cars at shows.

In those instances, I think of what a Professional Nikon Photographer said one time at a seminar. He said that he's notorious for waiting to get the shot however long it takes. I draw inspiration from that sometimes and wait those extra few moments to get the shot that I intended to get.

That was very nice of those guys to get out of your photo! A lot of people don't care or realize.