Goat Girl has used her mad skills to tag me with a task: to list 7 random facts about myself!
So, here goes:
1. I have a Master's Degree in Geography. I was aiming to get my doctorate and be a professor, but burned out after it took me nearly six years to get a two year degree. I got to be too fond of having a regular paycheck!
2. Reading is one my favorite hobbies and is the one with the longest standing. I have approximately 5 bookshelves stacked full of books, and some more stored at Mom's.
3. I like to keep lists: birds I've seen, books I've read, airports I've flown in/out of, etc. I also keep all the brochures that the National Park Service gives you when you enter a park in a little basket on a bookshelf.
4. All of my available brain power is shifted to the right side of my noggin. I can't do math to save my life.
5. I collect smooshed pennies (from those machines at touristy spots where you put in 51 cents and crank the wheel) and magnets, because because both are inexpensive and don't take up much space. And sometimes you find really cool designs, too.
6. I am a big fan of road trips. The thought of going to one place and staying there all week boggles my mind :)
7. Except for my first job (one summer at the local McDonald's), every job I've held has been with some level or type of government entity: two state universities, three state agencies, and one county commission.
And here's a bonus random fact: I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile this weekend!
This is my picture, taken from the car as we zoomed by :)